Last updated: September 14, 2021
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide
When you visit or interact with the Services, we may obtain certain personal data from you, such as:
· Names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other identifiers;
· Date of birth;
· Records of your orders and other transactions with us;
· Credit/debit/gift card number(s) and account information, including any associated billing address(es) and expiration date(s);
· Information provided via surveys, focus groups, and/or other marketing research efforts;
· Audio or visual information, such as CCTV images;
· Precise location;
· Other information described in the Information Collected Automatically section below (some of which is personal data); and
· Any other information you provide to us, including user-generated content.
We may also create inferences from this information or from other personal data we hold.
If you submit someone else’s personal data to us (e.g., someone else’s contact information), you represent that you are authorized to provide this information to us.
Information Collected Automatically
We may collect certain information about you automatically when you visit or use our online Services, or when you interact with emails, advertisements, or other electronic messages we send to you through the Services. This information may include your IP address, device characteristics (including device identifiers), web browser characteristics, unique identifiers and other data stored in cookies, operating system details, language preference, referring URLs, length of visits, pages viewed, and other information that may be automatically accessible to us from your browser or device.
We may also use certain third-party web and mobile app analytics services – including but not limited to Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and Facebook Custom Audiences – to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the online Services and serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and in different channels (including on the web, in mobile apps, on out-of-home digital surfaces, and in connected TV apps.
Depending on your personal device and App permission settings, when using the App, we may collect or have access to your:
- Precise geolocation. When you give the App permission to do this, the App may use your mobile device’s location services to collect real-time information about the location of your device (using both GPS and other methods) to provide requested location services, ensure your orders are placed at the correct location, and to serve you relevant offers or promotions. However, Chipotle does not retain or store your precise location when you enable sharing this information on your mobile device.
- Camera. When enabled, this may allow the App to access the camera to scan and input payment method details. Providing access to your Camera function is entirely optional.
- Wi-Fi connection information. When enabled, this may allow the App to view Wi-Fi connections.
- Other. The App will send and receive data to and from the Internet, and may view network connections, have full network access, control vibration of your device, or prevent your device from sleeping.
You may be able to enable or disable geolocation collection by the App by adjusting the permissions in your account or device settings. If GPS precise location services are disabled, other means of establishing or estimating location (e.g., connecting to or proximity to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, beacons, or our networks) may still be active.
Some of the technology described above is used by us or our partners to correlate information collected about you over time across two or more websites or online services.
Information Collected from Third Parties
Our vendors and other third parties may share with us your personal data. For example, if you order food or catering, order gift cards, make a purchase for merchandise, make a payment, or provide feedback on your experiences, you may submit personal data to one or more third parties that may share your information with us.
In some circumstances, we also may collect information about you from publicly available sources, including content about our Services that you make publicly available on third-party websites (e.g., social media platforms). We or vendors assisting us may also receive information from geolocation data providers to help us understand aggregate visit patterns in restaurant markets of interest, but these providers get the location data from sources other than our own App and websites.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We may use personal data we obtain about you to:
- facilitate and personalize your user experience and improve the Services;
- conduct statistical analysis of the content, layout, and features of the Services for our marketing purposes;
- communicate with you regarding our restaurants and other Services;
- respond to your requests or inquiries;
- register you for accounts on the Services;
- register you for our email and postal mailing lists or for promotions or offers conducted in connection with the Services;
- process payment information for online food orders or online purchases through our merchandise or gift card store;
- process your fundraiser applications;
- send marketing information to you, such as promotional offers or information about new product offerings, programs, or restaurant openings;
- advertise to you both on and off the Services, which may include tailoring ads to your inferred interests and measuring the performance of our ad campaigns;
- make inferences about connections between different internet-connected devices used by you or members of your household;
- provide location services;
- manage health and safety in our restaurants;
- address legal matters;
- prevent, investigate, identify, stop, or take any other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, claims or other liabilities, or any activity that violates our policies; or
- for any other purpose, with your consent where appropriate.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
- Some of the vendors who help us may view, edit, or set their own tracking technologies/cookies, some of which collect personal data.
- We may also share, including by publicly posting on our online Services or other public online locations, certain content about us or our Services that you submit to us or otherwise make publicly available. For example, we may repost content that you post about us on social media.
- We may also disclose personal data when required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal processes, or in response to activities that are unlawful or a violation of Chipotle’s rules for use of the Services, or to protect and defend the rights or property of Chipotle or others. This may involve the disclosure of personal data to law enforcement, other governmental entities, or other third parties.
4. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The online Services are not intended for, and are not intentionally targeted to, children under 13. Additionally, we and we do not create marketing segments or knowingly enable advertising targeted to children under 18. The Services are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their personal data without parental consent. Parents can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.
Although we use various security measures as part of an effort to protect your personal data from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, these measures may fail or be insufficient. No collection, transmission, storage or other handling of personal data is completely secure (whether online or offline), and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
7. CONTACT US
Attn: Privacy Officer
c/o Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
610 Newport Center Dr.
Newport Beach, CA 92660